Half – Moon – Ardha Chandrasana
Stand up and place both feet together raise both arms interlace all the fingers except the index fingers that are pointing up to the sky. Inhale reach up and bend to the right while bringing the hip to the left. Hold the position and breathe long and deep through the nose. Then switch to the other side.
- It strengthens the abdominal-lateral muscles, ankles, thighs, buttocks and spine, and stretches the groin, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest and spine.
- Improves the flexibility of the hips.
- Stretches and strengthens the back.
- It has been used therapeutically for anxiety, back pain, osteoporosis, sciatica, fatigue, constipation, gastritis, indigestions and menstrual pain.
- It can improve coordination, balance and digestions and relieve stress.