Triangle Posture – Utthita Trikonasana
Standing up apart the feet around 3 feet open the left feet to the left and place the arms by the side parallel to the floor. Then bend the torso to the left and with the left index and middle fingers grab the left toe. The right arm is straight up in line with the left arm. Look at the hand. Hold the position with long deep breathing. Then inhale come up and switch sides.
The torso is twisted looking up to the sky.
If you can’t reach the toe place the hand above, or bellow the kneecap, never on top.
- Stretches the abdominal-lateral muscles.
- Improves the flexibility of the hips.
- Stretches the back.
- It improves the function of the kidneys and thyroid glands
- Improves balance and concentration.
- Opens chest and shoulders.
- Strengthens the legs, buttocks and groin.