BIKRAM YOGA CLASS
I had done Bikram Yoga before, may be a couple years ago. I remember I lost a lot of weight, and my resistance increased.
What I seemed to forget is how hot it is. We did what a beginner always does…which is lay down the mat just underneath the vent of the “hot hot” air, 100 something degrees, normally these spots inside of the class are the only ones empty.
Even though the poses are nothing from another world, I mean it’s kind of Hatha Yoga, but the heat, is something else. It makes it more challenging. It also helps your muscles to warm up faster so you don’t have a big chance to get injured and the detoxification part takes place much faster.
Also there is something magical about going through pain or challenges; it makes you feel great afterwards, as if you have achieved something big. And certainly you have! Something you can use as a metaphor for your life.
Normally all the Bikram Yoga studios can provide you the towels, mats, and water, you certainly will need.
My recommendations to you are:
- Don’t drink to much water right before the class; it will make you sweat more.
- Bring water for during and after class.
- Stay away from the vent. Try to get a spot in the class away from it. Especially if it is your first class.
- Bring clothes to get change afterwards.
- Don’t give up after the first class. You’ll be amaze by how much resistance you are able to build up with just a few more classes.
- You don’t have to do it all. You can lay down when feel overwhelmed by the heat.
- Don’t forget to ENJOY!!