It is easy to believe that meditation will make life stress-free, that you will live happily ever after and will never go through a conflict again. This vision, while attractive, is erroneous. Challenges and risky situations will not go away, but yoga can give you the tools to manage the crises of life.
With meditation, you can experience the connection of the body, mind, and spirit, and explore what it means to be aware. This way you can explore the inner frontiers of your own consciousness, using your will to create the changes you want to see and even manage your stress.
There are other ways to help you feel relaxed and manage stressful situations with a clearer mind. Here are some tips:
* Exercise regularly and include the practice of yoga.
* Make sure you find time to relax every day, no matter how busy you are.
* Have fun and make friends with others who are positive minded.
* Use a positive technique like meditation, visualization, positive affirmation, or breathing exercises, and practice them every time you have a chance.
* Be aware of your body. Notice if tension is building up anywhere in your body and take some actions to relieve it (like practicing any of the exercise mentioned above).
* Notice how your emotions affect your actions and other people.
* Don’t get anxious. Change what you can change in your life, and have patience with all the rest.