Acroyoga is a relatively new type of Yoga and is a mix of basic Yoga positions and acrobatics.
While Acroyoga may seem difficult or complex, you don?t need to be a circus performer to participate. The positions are relatively easy and they?re always fun and challenging.
All you need is a partner, whether it be male or female does not matter. Each partner compliments the other and it is good to practice with someone who you can trust. The person who is on the floor is the base and must be strong and secure in the positions. The person who is on top must be flexible and have had some Yoga experience.
Some of the positions you are going to see here are not so easy. These positions were performed by two professional Yoga teachers: Juliana Barrera and Michael Olusczak. Both work in the Miami Beach area teaching Yoga and are exceptionally experienced in their work. Perhaps after seeing these pictures you may be interested in taking some classes with them!
The founders of Acroyoga live in San Francisco. They travel nationally and internationally and are constantly organizing workshops in local Yoga studios.
To see the dates and places of their trips, visit their web site at www.acroyoga.org. There you will also find all the information you need to organize a workshop in your area.
All the positions you see in these photos and many others are described step-by-step in a very detailed book called AcroYoga Flight Manual, which you may purchase through their website.
Don?t forget to have fun while doing them!
Click below to see the Acroyoga pictures:
- February 2007 – Sexuality and Spirituality
- March 2007 – Detoxify Your Body
- April 2007 – Vibrations and Mantras
- May 2007 – Yoga exercises to Loss Weight, cleanses & recipes
- June 2007 – Sadhana, Aradhana, Prabhupati & Amazing Yogis & Fabulous Yoga Workshops
- July 2007 – Spiritual Beings Having A Human Experience
- August 2007 – Happiness
- September 2007 – The Mind
- October 2007 – One day in “MINDFULNESS”
- November 2007 – I Always Want More
- January 2008 – News exciting
- March 2008 – Oneness
- August 2008 – Summer
- September 2008 – Fall
- December 2008 – Winter
- March 2009 – Spring
- April 2009 – Newsletter
- May 2009 – Relaxation Techniques
- June 2009 – Learn to Meditate
- July 2009 – Inspiration
- September 2009 – Men’s Yoga
- October 2009 – Chakras
- December 2009 – The Light Within
- January 2010 – Living An Empty Life
- February 2010 – Our Essence
- May 2010 – Konalani Sharanam
- November 2010 – Osho’s Awakening – by Osho
- December 2012 – The Shift
- February 2013 – TANTRIC SEX