There is no doubt that the practice of Asanas prior to meditation can prepare, accelerate, and lead the mind to the meditative state.
There are different Yoga paths, but all of them prepare the mind and body for meditation. Hatha Yoga positions are very well suited for preparing the body and the mind for mediation. You can find all of the different positions, as well as how to perform them, in our site.
Pre-meditation Yoga should not be a very strenuous and exhausting practice. You can start with 10-15 minutes a day; followed by an 11-minute maximum relaxation. Don’t make it too long or you will soon start to feel sleepy. It is helpful to listen to some relaxing music during this time.
During the practice of Yoga, it is best to wear clothing that doesn’t restrict your movement.
Meditation Table of Contents
- General Overview
- Sitting Positions
- Yoga Positions
- Best Places to Meditate
- Best Time to Meditate
- How Eating, Sex and Sleep Affect Your Meditation
- Breath Control or Pranayama
- Basic Procedures for Alternate Nostril Breathing
- A Specific Program to Get You Started
- Time and Effects During Meditation
- How many days should I do this Meditation for?
- Tips for a Meditative Mental State
- Different Types of Meditation
- Frequent Questions and Answers